“SmartMatter Pty (LTD)” – also referred as SmartMatter, the company or us.
“Products” or “Services” – used to refer to the SmartMatter mobile app and/or the SmartMatter website(www.smartmatter.co.za) and any and all functionality and features of these software products.
“Property Manager” – the person or legal entity responsible for the management of your agreements and contract for any and all property types with any type of owner. Other common names used to refer to Property Managers are landlords, property agents, agents, realtor, real estate agent, property developers and property owner.
“Personal Identifiable Information (PII)” –any information that can be used to identify a specific individual. This includes information such as a person's name, address, date of birth, ID number, driver's license number, passport number, financial account numbers, email address, mobile phone number and biometric data (e.g. fingerprints, facial recognition data, etc.).
Information We Collect:
- We may collect information when you use our services, including your name or company name, email address, phone number, payment information, credit card details, physical address, ID or Passport number and any other information you choose to provide. This is known as your personal identifiable information.
- Some of your personal information might also be collected from your property manager if they(property manager) wish to use SmartMatter services and by implications involves the user in the company services.
Device and usage information:
- We may also collect information about your location, device, and usage of our services, screen and action tracking, page views and durations, this data tracking may include some of your personally identifiable information.
- We collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and fate/time stamps using log files.
Do not track:
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser or device.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
By accepting these terms and conditions, you (the user) agrees that the company may contact the user through any means of communication with matters related to the company or any of the services they offer or products the have.
How We Use Your Information:
- We may use your information to provide and improve our services, to personalize your experience, and to communicate with you.
- We may also use your information for research and development purposes and for other business purposes.
- We may use your information for analytics and reports but not revealing any personal identifiable information (PII) that can lead viewers of the report back to you.
- We use your information in a web portal we make available to your property manager to manage your accounts. Your property manager has access to only the user data that is under the management of the property manager. The property manager has secure login detail to the SmartMatter web portal. SmartMatter cannot be held liable for how the Property manager stores and keeps their login details safe.
Sharing Your Information:
- We may share your information with third-party partners that are in partnership with our company.
- These partners will only use your information for regulatory compliance such as financial regulations of South Africa.
- We will only share your information with third parties if we have your consent or if it is necessary to provide you with our services. If you wish not to share your information with us, we might not be able to provide you with all our services.
- We may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- Your contact information can be shared with third party services we use to send communications out to you, this includes but is not limited to your email address for emails and mobile number for SMS notifications.
- We can use your personal information with platforms like Google analytics and Microsoft to analyse how you interact with SmartMatter products and to track software bugs you experienced.
Usage and device information
- We share your Non Personal Identifiable Information with third parties to help us improve our service as described in the “Information We Collect” section.
- We may share insights drawn from usage data with third parties or prospective clients, but the insights and reports will be anonymous.
We take reasonable steps to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, or destruction. Once we capture your data, we will retain your information, both personal and device and usage information unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
Security of personal information
- Your personal information is kept in strict confidence on secure cloud services with restricted access.
- Your personal information will also be shared and stored with company partners in accordance with the FSCA and SARB regulations and requirements of South Africa.
- The company partners are not allowed to share your information or use it for any purposes other than to comply with financial regulations in South Africa.
- If you select the option to store your credit card information, your data will be stored on secure Paygate servers and only visible to Paygate for the purpose of completing transactions. No other parties has access to your payment information.
Security of personal information
- Your device and usage data does not contain any personal identifiable information. This information is used for internal company analysis. insights and improvement of company products and services.
- Your usage data will also be used to analyse trends in the respective industries that SmartMatter offer services to, primarily the digital payments and property industries.
- Your usage information is stored securely on Google and Microsoft cloud services. Most of your usage data is captured with Google Analytics and Firebase Analytics.
No internet-based service is completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information. In the case of a data breach, the company will contact you within 72 hours of the company becoming aware of the breach. The communication will include the extent of the breach as well as steps than can be taken to resolve the issue.
- You have the right to access, correct, or delete your personal information.
- You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information or to withdraw your consent to the collection, use, and processing of your personal information.
- To exercise these rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Any changes will be effectiveimmediately upon posting to this page.
Should you wish to lodge a complaint on the use of your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you feel that your complaint has not been dealt with in a correct matter or if you are not satisfied with the result of your complaint you may lodge an official complaint with the Information regulator by way of email on complaints.IR@justice.gov.za.